Asus P4R800-VM +celeron 2400ghz overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought the asus P4R800-VM mobo and The celeron 2400 ghz , and I can't find out how to overclock the processor.
The FSB option is not available in bios
please help

Did you make your PC yourself? If not you most likely wont find the FSB option or if you do it'll be locked. Manufacturers do this for the very reason. I dont think you will be able to OC your Celeron very much at all to begin with. Even if you can OC a little, it probably wont be noticbale..

this is a new board & not much info is available. Reading the mobo book, there seems to be no way to change the FSB speed.
The mobo has a lot of features and is inexpensive. Asus decided this is an economy model and they left out OC.

I got my 1.7Willemett Celeron to 2.6 with Tt spark7 478,,,Now i have a 2.4northwood Celeron and it maxes at 2.8,now i say to myself ,,"why did you spend the $$ ?? .2 Ghz Man! LOL

Be carefull OC'ing Keep things cool and watch the Memory Bus.

Originally posted by cybercracker
I have bought the asus P4R800-VM mobo and The celeron 2400 ghz , and I can't find out how to overclock the processor.
The FSB option is not available in bios
please help

I have a P4P800 Deluxe and the FSB option is not completely visible in BIOS. I have to go to the Advanced tab, then there's an "AI Overclock Tuner" field that's default is set to Standard. The other choices are Manual, Overclock 10%, " 20%, and " 30%. I set it to Manual, then the field for FSB appears and I can change it at will, along with all the voltage and multiplier settings. You might need to do that with your system board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back