Asus p4s800 problem with ati x1650pro agp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if the graphics card ATI RADEON X1650 PRO AGP8X is compatible with the motherbard ASUS P4S800 ACPI BIOS Revision 1009.....???
I've tried to many things to make my computer work with the ATI video card but when I use it, the computer won't start up (no power problem, just changed power supply)
THe problem that I think is that the motherboard does not detect the video card, does not recognizes it, runs it with mi old Nvidia parameters or it is just to big video cad for the computer.......
I don't know the problem
Someone can help me look for a solution
I am doubting that my conector is really 8x capabilty....
I have 1.5 GB Memory Ram 400
400 watt power supply brand new
2 hard drives... one with vista the other with xp... with niether the computer boots...
DVD +/- Rw
CD drive
2.8 P4 Intel Processor
I don't know what other information you'll need to help me solve my problem.... but te main thing is that my computer turns on but does not boot anything it is just on with all the fans, no image on monitoor - always black and in power save mode........
so any halp please
i am somewhat knew at this things of computers
thanks

It could just be a faulty ATI card. It doesn't matter if your motherboard doesn't support AGP 8X, the AGP speed will default to what ever your board can handle

I have just looked it up, your mobo does support agp x8.

Your post is a little confusing. Does the Ati card work at all? Or does it just not work properly within windows?
Answering that question properly will give us useful info.

He says the PC doesn't boot with the card. hondurod, have you attached the 4-pin Molex connector to the card? And what brand is your power supply? Could you post the details on or a picture of the PSU sticker? This is how a typical PSU sticker looks.

He states first "but when I use it, the computer won't start up" then "does not detect the video card, does not recognizes it, runs it with mi old Nvidia parameters". See a little confusion there?

As in, how can it be running "with mi old Nvidia parameters" if its not starting.

LOL rik he stated that he THINKS those might be the source of the problem. Either that or we're more confused that he is. ;)

Sometime the ATI Radeon and Geforce has the external power on the board, make sure you plug the power supply to video card only, then use the remaining plug on the hard drive, floppy, cd.

it happens on my Geforce 6600GT AGP on ECS 848P-A.
Sometime the 400W is not enough for Ati Radeon X16XX, X19XX and Geforce 6 and higher family.

Try to get 500W and test it to confirm it.

And i would like to point it out.

Asus P4S800 and P4S533 is a feisty board. It is extremely fussy on the AGP and memory spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back