ASUS P4T-E with 512 samsung 800 Rimms wont pre/post

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so I have this asus p4te mobo with a p4 1.6 stuffed in it.
it has a radeon 9750 (I think 9750 anyway) and 512 samsung (800)rambus ram in it.I cannot get the stupid thing to post, or even turn the monitor on.
I have tested the powersupply, the cpu in a different board, the ram in a different board, a different cpu in this board, a different video card (both agp and pci) different ram in this board, I have stripped everything down and re-assembled at least 15 times, but still cant figure out wtf is wrong with it. its a little frustrating. I know the board is not blown, it has been used less then 30 hours, and when it Died, it just hung up in xp, and the reset wouldnt work, so I restarted with the power button, and now NOTHING.

any help would be most ducky, and thanks in advance,
Apoc

oh yes, and I almost forgot all banks are filled with 128 sticks, I have tried with the crimm and without.It is not overclocked, but I dont know how to set the rimm speed or anything like that..... :mad: :mad:

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Are you getting any error beeps?
Do any of the fans spin up?
Have you checked the stand off's on the under side of MoBo?
Check the screws too.
Try setting the board up outside of case with bare bones.
A large anti-static bag works well for this.
cpu/fan
1 stick ram
video card/monitor
keyboard
Psu
you'll need to look in your MoBo book where to turn on system,
I use a paper clip. It will be on the front panel block of pins on your
MoBo where the power_sw plugs in.

I am getting absolutely no beeps.have checked the standoffs and screws multiple times. :( I will try setting it up outside of the case. I have alot of bags I can use. the only problem is with Rimm you must have all slots populated. but other then that, I will post again in an hour or so after I am finished with the relults. thanks for the reply.

Apoc

*edit* I forgot, all the fans spin, as well as the hd and cdrom powering up.
I tested the psu with a load tester and know that it works. :(

At this point it does looks like the MoBo is the culprit.
What do the capacitors look like? Any leaking or domed tops?

not that I have seen, I took the board out and looked for any signs of death (mushrooms melted caps etc) not even the smell is anywhere to be had....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back