Asus P5LD2 SE sound driver for Win 7

hi can anyone help me please ? ive installed win7 onto my asus p5ld2 intel mb and when i try to install the drivers from the driver disc i get a message saying not supported ! now every thing it divice manager shows as all good and working the sound bar shows as workin but no sound out of my speaker socket. maybe someone knows of an alterative win 7 driver i could use?

hi ive checked a few of those out but sadly even doing a scan says im all upto date with latest drivers,,, im sure i have got all the latest but its not working for the sound driver so think i need to manually install a different one. thanks for your help though :)

Is asus p5ld2 the exact model number? Just checking because asus also lists drivers for other variants of the p5ld2 such as pld52-v and many more. And are you running 32 or 64 bit Win 7?
/* EDIT */
Ooops. Just saw you said pld52-se in the title. Is it 32 or 64 bit?
/* End EDIT */

Also, list any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • Then upload the file to your next post

Back