ASUS P5S800-VM without video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone!

I'm a IT on a small school and today something strange happened with 2 PCs both with a Assus P5S800-VM board.

The first one, after a boot, never «came to life» again.

The other one, after being placed in the same spot where the first was, got the same problem!

I'va allready tried to:
-switch to another power outlet
-changed the display from on-board video card to an AGP one
-made a cmos reset by using the board jumper (as sugested on w**.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-76531-Loss-of-video-signal-with-Asus-P55800VM-Motherboard.html )

I've run out of ideas and computers!

Any guess about what to do?

Thanks!

Beavis

Tmagic650 said:
Try another monitor

..yeah!, right,,, thank you very much for your.. expert post, but that was first thing i did before any other.

Any more -a little brighter- ideas?

B.

I'm not a mind reader!
2 computers in the same spot with the same symptom... try another computer. 3rd times the charm they say

perhaps my english isnt the best.. sorry!

after breakdown, I tryed both pcs connected into different power outlets, hence, in other spots. no luck.

oh!, and another thing: when i remove the RAM modules and switch on the system, the board goes beeeeep as a normal working board would.

the monitor -any monitor- never change from power saving mode.

It's not feasable to risk damage in a third computer just for the sake of a saying.

B.

its a straight forward switched wired ethernet network linked from switch to pc lan card -onboard-

and i've tryed to boot w/ and w/out connected wire.

my guess is that a damamaged power cord somehow screwdup the board config of both PCs...

I was hoping that someone who had seen this happen might suggest a solution.

Gosh!.. They were directly connected to the powergrid...

I'm curious to know if this has happened to anyone else and how it was solved.

Tmagic650, I appreciate you beeing so helpful but it seems that you are just guessing possible causes and what i want is a solution.

If anyone else has any ideia how to solve this please post the solution here.

B.

I am not there with you. I cannot see the setup first hand... Logical "gessing" is all I can provide. There are only so many things that can cause this. Good luck

Hey there,

Im having the exact same problem, no video from a system with a asus p5s800-vm motherboard.

Though this system has been running for more then 2 years without a problem.

Switched everything around, but no dice.

When i put in a Gigabyte Motherboard everything runs just fine.

Really weird cause i tried 2 p5s800-vm boards, same problem, no video.

Hope you had luck finding a solution, if so please post it.

Greetz,

Ivanho

Well the problem was solved.. But I am not sure if it was solved with my actions or iff it just started to work by itself..

Wha I did was use the reset jumper on the board. In the same day, there was no response from the video, but in the day after when powered on, the video worked fine.

Perhaps the reset took longer that I was expecting.

But, then again, it might be just a coincidence.

Good luck to you!

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back