ASUS Power Surge New PC

Hi, I've built a new PC with these following parts:

MOBO: ASUS H110M-A D3

CPU: i7-6700K, 4GHz, Skylake, 8MB, Socket 1151

GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 4GB, DDR3, 1600MHz, CL10, 1.5V x2

PSU: RASURBO Silent & Power DLP55.1 - 550 watts

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake NiC C4

HDD: SATA Samsung HD103SJ (1000GB/7200RPM/32M)

Optical drive: ASUS DRW-24BSST

My 12V voltage in BIOS is 10.848 V, which is extremely low, but my machie powers up and runs the OS (Win 7) just fine, but when I try to install component drivers, my CPU Fan goes insane and in a few moments I get a power surge reboot and a prompt saying just that. Researching, I discoevred that ASUS motherboards have a faulty anti-surge feaure that should be diasbled in BIOS, but I do not want to risk harming my hardware, that's why at the moment I am at an impase. I don't know if it's my PSU either, since the PSU calculator at outervision.com said I need under 500 watts for my machine, and just buying a more powerful PSU is a waste of money and also I risk to slow my hardware. My PSU isn't that old either and it's properly cleaned.

The CPU Fan is properly seated on my CPU and there's adequate thermal grease on the surface. Is there any problem if my motherboard is missing 2 screwes out of 8? because I had to buy standoffs to properly sit the motherboard, and I haven't yet installed does since I didn't see the point if my motherboard is stable. If it's necessary I will, but the 4 other srewes seem to hold the motherboard nice and tight.

Thanks in advance.

Try another power supply. A lot of voltage checkers are not that accurate, but try another power supply to be sure that it isn't an issue here

Back