TechSpot

Asus preps tablets, Sandy Bridge notebooks for CES

By Matthew
Dec 28, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Many of Asus' upcoming mobile systems have been leaked and/or teased today, including various Sandy Bridge-based notebooks and two tablets. Starting from the top, Asus plans to launch a new 17.3-inch G73SW, packing a 1080p display, an Intel Core i7-2630QM quad-core processor, 8GB of RAM, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M, up to two Seagate 500GB Momentus XT hybrid drives, a Blu-ray player and USB 3.0 connectivity. Pricing is supposedly set between €1900 and €2050.

Read the whole story

2. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

For 2050 EUR I'd expect an SSD. Not an HDD.

3. CamaroMullet

CamaroMullet TS Rookie Posts: 115

Yeah that seems like a lot for getting a USB 3.0 port. Why stick all that horse power in there and not a SSD?

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

Yeah, those are some really nice builds except for the HDD part. Seems odd they'd do that, but I imagine you could probably upgrade to an SSD - for a bazillion more bucks - when you order.

5. The capacitive buttons on the top of the screen in the bottom picture look suspiciously like the ones on android devices...

6. two Seagate 500GB Momentus XT hybrid drives <== more powerful than ssd click the link first before flaming

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.