Asus problem with sempron, help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
all,

I am just setting up a machine with completely new components.

chip is a sempron 2400+
m'board is an asus A7v400-mx
(latest bios patch installed as far as i can tell (just patched it))

and the following problems are occuring...

1. cant get the mboard to recognise the cpu at correct speed, when i set the switches on the mboard to correct frequency the board powers up for a second when power is switched on and then switches off and wont restart until the power cable has been removed for a few seconds and then put back in.

2. if i set the frequecy switches to defualt the cpu is recognised a 1000+, i am then able to start xp setup...but early on at the point where is says now starting windows the machine powers down and wont restart as above.

any ideas?

im already on a rickety stool with a rope around my neck.

Many Thanks

James

BIOS/ advanced chipset it shoud be there it would be CPU external Freq.(MHz) make sure it is set for 166 if you have a 333fsb one ok.

This is a VIA chip set and all asus ships with the CPU-FSB setting in defult wich is 400/333/266 which actually is 200/166/133 basically fsb divided buy 2 I cannot find a manual for your board > So I am using mine I have the A7N8X-E DELUXE REVISION 2.0 ONE..

See if this helps you Also did you update you chipset drivers??

I kid you not, the only place where FSB is mentioned is under advanced but all of the cpu type details (type,speed,cache,fsb and dram) are greyed out and i cant change them.

as for updating chipset drivers...only the bios which i flshed to 1009; is this the same thing?

many thanks

James

Bios and chipset drivers two different things .. Have you tried asus tech support they are pretty good they might have a answer for you. It really strange you cannot see that feature .You said you also flashed your BIOS???

when i realised it wasnt recognising the chip first thing i did was flash the bios with the lasest releast...

where could i find the chipset drivers so that i can try this?

not contacted asus yet...wont be long though.

many thanks

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back