TechSpot

Asus ships N series notebooks with Blu-ray, Nvidia Optimus

By Matthew
Aug 24, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. As reported earlier this year, Asus and Bang & Olufsen ICEpower have begun serving up two new laptops. Aimed at the premium market, the N line supposedly features superior audio quality, developed by the company's "Golden Ear" team. "Realising that people spend up to a third of their day using multimedia devices of some description and that most laptops fall short in delivering high-quality audio, Asus went back to the drawing board."

Read the whole story

2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

I would have preferred a collaboration with B&W, but B&O always had decent sounding gear. I wonder if they had any input on the design of the laptop.

3. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

This looks really nice

4. Northress

Northress TS Rookie

Asus makes only good things!
    Hope in near future the price will be smaller,with ~1500 $ I can buy a new car!

5. waterytowers

waterytowers TS Enthusiast Posts: 91

These are not premium laptops? Where is the FHD screen?

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,920   +687

I wish Bose had created the speakers, would have sounded a lot better than normal laptops and wouldn't have cost the bomb! I agree with Tekkaraiden though, I prefer B&W speakers to B&O, B&O seem really over priced in comparison.

7. 1366x768 resolution on a $1000 laptop -- PASS.

8. Wow, as I see, the only thing missing in this model is USB 3.0