Asus Striker Extreme 680i compatability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt_Subtext

Hi guys am working on specs for a new build I should be starting pretty soon (next month or so) and am just unclear as to will this ram Corsair TwinX 2GB XMS2 Dominator DDR2 PC8888 with Airflow Fan TWIN2X2048-8888C4DF is compatable? The site I use isnt to clear on the specs. I plan on getting 4gb of this stuff: "http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Memory/Pc/Corsair+TwinX+2GB+XMS2+Dominator?productId=25515#/Products/Components/Memory/Pc/Corsair+TwinX+2GB+XMS2+Dominator?productId=25515"

If not then can you recommend Ram from this site only that will work best, Cost isnt much of an issue as you can tell and I plan on overclocking.

If you're OCing, then that RAM should work. The mobo does not have native PC8888 support, but you should be able to achieve it with OCing.

I think TS's software automatically shortens links.

I think the PC8888 RAM will work if you wanna OC. You'll just have to get it to work with your mobo, which shouldn't be a problem.

If you wanna play it safe and only use what your mobo specifically says it supports, go with the PC6400.

I'm not sure how it will work, though, if you have all 4 RAM slots filled. Cuz I think it might not run quite as fast then, but I'm not sure.

It will probably just run at 2T (not a big deal) with four sticks. You will have to use a 64bit operating system or you will only be able to use around 3 gb of RAM. 32 bit OS'es can only map 4gb. Hardware and BIOS will use most of one gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back