Asus v9570td (FX5700) keeps crashing my system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, let see what your thoughts are on this one.
I am running the following
asus a7n8x-e deluxe (bios 1013)
AMD 3200+ (socket A)
Samsung DDRAM 1gb
Maxtor +8 harddrive
Antec 380 Watt PSU
XP Pro (SP2)
As soon as I start playing games (vietcong) the machine reboots.And i get the error message STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078) or driver caused system to crash. it also happens when i run benchmarking software and it goes to 3D mode. 3D mode seems to be the issue as it runs ok as long as i don't use the 3d mode,although it seems one of the drivers is causing a memory leak as the I sometimes get a system is running out of resources errorr message.
I have the latest version of direct X 9.0c and the latest drivers for the card v 66.72, and my current service pack level for the O/S is SP2.
The ram is being run dual channel ddr400. When i disable hardware acceleration and write caching in the display properties it becomes a little better.
I'm wondering if the problem is some arcane Issue with RAM settings in the CMOS or some AGP setting in the BIOS.
Any thoughts on what's causing the crash and how to resolve it.
EDIT
I have set it to AGP and 128 mb graphics aperture in the bios as well as run dxdiag and that's made no difference.
Also installed and used the Omega drivers it made no difference.
Also Pelsdyr, I can't uninstall service pack 2 as it's slipstreamed into my CD ;)

Exact same problem..

Hi MattA,

I have exactly the same problem with the V9570TD 256 MB video card. Well I can manage to play a video game for a while before the computer reboots but it is basically the same problem. I get the same error message as you do.

I have tried everything to solve this problem but without any luck yet.
I have tried more than 10 drivers from Asus and Nvidia but didnt help. I have also tried finding other drivers on the net but they have also failed in resolving the problem. Eventually i thought it could be a problem with the PSU (power supply) so i bought a new one (400 W). but that didnt help either. So now I am quite desperate. Maybe the hardware is damaged in some way but I hope that there is a simpel solution to the problem.

regards

both of you should try nVIDIA ForceWare v56.72 for Windows 2000 Pro and XP.

both of you also should running in Microsoft DirectX 9.0b (if slipstreamed into cd for dx9.0c: that is okay)

both of you can find the link for driver from my signature.

Lucan

thx!

Thx bushwacker.!

by installing the drivers you recommended I have solved the problems. But isnt there a newer driver version than those you recommended??
Some games have problems with the drivers you recommended. It would be nice to have newer drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back