At last, Alien as my Avatar!

Maurice

I am a great, great fan of Alien films, & can't wait for Alien v Predator to come out at the end of the year!
It took a while to re-size the image to fit, but I mastered it at last, Godataloss helped me there, but I did it slightly different, if anyone would like to know my method, please ask.
I happen to know that one of your senior staff once had problems conquering the problem.

Maurice:D
PS; Note matching signature!

Heh, glad you got one you like. Seemed for a while there you had a new one each time I looked.
Avatars are kind of a name to people for me, I get used to an avatar and then I don't ever have to look over to read the name of the poster, I can just catch the avatar out of the corner of my eye or with a quick glance and know who it is I'm reading.

Yes Maurice I`d like to know just for future reference. Regards Howard
blobfir.gif

Erm, Phantasm, wasn't it you that had some difficulties, admitted in a post,....or was it Ju......oops, perhaps not!

Hey, Howard, you've pinched my old Avatar!!...oh well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery:D

OK then, my version;--

First hunt around for a good Avatar, I got mine by going through Google & typing "Alien", d/load it to h/drive, then go to My Pictures, click on the selected picture, open it with "Paint"/Image/Attributes
On Attributes, make sure that the units are in pixels.
Alter the two boxes to "70"/OK, until youre satisfied with the result, you'll have to experiment, perhaps tweaking the image manually, [a square image is best] click save on the ALTERED image.
Go to TS, "Change Avatar" check "Custom" then browse, & click on the image you want.

I expect that I haven't been too clear, explaining the method, but it will get you there.

Let me know what you think, there are other ways to do it, as you'll no doubt tell me, but this is the one I'm most comfortable with.

Maurice:bounce:

Maurice, you made me think about dragging one of my old avatars out of the vault, so I did. And I guess it fits me well, but then again my Al Bundy avatar did to I guess. Anyway, I used Photoshop to downsize and crop it, it's very easy to do.

Shiney, I already did, but one of the "bosses" asked me to change it, you'll have to guess who.
It was a cartoon Samuri character, who "jiggled" his sword, he who shall be nameless, [he knows who he is:( ] said the continual movement got on his nerves,.... aww, diddums then!!
I shall trawl more sites for animations. & see what I come up with, watch this space!
I have got an image of my car, a silver Passat Iin "My Pictures" which I pinched from the VW site, but unfortunately is far too big,.....makes a great background though!, who, me, VAIN???:D

Maurice

Im exactly the same SNGX.. I get acustom to the avatar, I kidna glance at that and it tells me who the user is, thats why I like people who choose one and leave it at that.

.../and then theres people like mic, who have a girls pink hello kitty bunny as their AV\...

In response to this thread I have changed my avatar to something "fresher" as well.

Likely people won't notice since I'm not posting much anymore, if at all, though...

Glad there are other Alien enthusiasts out there, it's my "numero uno" alien creature, with Predator lying a close second, as to A v P, Godataloss, I think they abandoned the pure Giger's Alien way back, did you know that his interpretation of the plot was that they had degenerated from an intelligent race of beings, & the explorers were going to decypher a wall of their hyroglyphs, [not sure of spelling] but it never happened.
Mic, went to that site, very good, it's a shame that they didn't continue with his creation, although the present representation is pretty awesome, especially the queens.
Howard, where did you get THOSE smilies, & how did you introduce them into your script? you have me intrigued!

I am inserting images from My Pictures, can somebody tell me if they actually appear, the one that should appear here, is a different one of Alien**

Yes, Vehementi, very good, I wonder if your animation will annoy someone like mine did, I just hope that it doesn't start a whole rash of animated Avatars, & I get the blame!!

Maurice:grinthumb

**Whoops, it didn't work, I was asked for a script prompt, this time, so how do I......?

:confused:

Hopefully I have sent an image ;- another view of Alien, would someone let me know if I've got the technique right at last please?**

**I'm amending this post, as I have found that I can "skew" the image in "Paint" to trim it more successfully, witness the new view of Alien, as my Avatar.

Maurice**

**SNGX, please allow this digression, I had to do it this way, so that the continuity was correct.

Back