AT&T now offering 15GB of data for the price of 10GB

1. If you are on AT&T's Mobile Share Value plan, here's some good news: starting today, the carrier is offering 15GB of data for the current price of 10GB -- $100 per month. This is a limited time promotion, although the...

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,427   +470

Wow the prices where you live are ridiculous.
  3. S_Brideau

S_Brideau TS Rookie Posts: 65

Wow if only we could get this kind of pricing in Canada. But no the big 3 will continue gouging us more than our American friends get gouged.
  4. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 467   +97

No reasonable person should be spending $100 on data, no matter how much you get for it. Its stupid.

Anyway, my parents are still running with AT&T postpaid. I wonder if their plan can get upgraded to those $15 access line rates without up sizing their data package? Last I talked to them, each access line was $25 on a $15 discount from the original $40. They could reduce their total bill by $20 bucks. I would be $20 less disgusted with the fact that they're on AT&T postpaid.

Edit: Who am I kidding. AT&T couldn't possibly lower their prices. Looks like the $15 access line charge only starts at the 15 GB plan.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  5. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Maniac Posts: 939   +243

AT$T will continue to gouge consumers at these prices as long as people are willing to continue to pay these prices. My bet is that there are a significant number of people out there who have no clue how much data they need, so AT$T sales people will be happy to sell them a plan that is far more than what they need.

But then again, perhaps the reason why AT$T is offering this deal now is that the popularity of these plans is trailing off.
  6. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 862   +353

My straight talk plan give me 3gb...I use wi-fi most of the time, and even with that, I rarely use 2 gb of data per month. I'd rather save the 850 bucks a year on straight talk, than with a contract device that is locked, crippled and bloated.
  7. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,292   +55

Att is offering uverse internet at home for $15, 300 gb. By the way, my brother has att uverse internet which was modified online at att's website for a better deal of 1.5 meg download, and they slowed him back down to 0.7 meg download. Their employees seem to be double agents.
  8. nobal

nobal TS Rookie

I have been on my brother's family plan for several years. I have saved a lot of money because of it.

I won't be signing up for more gbs. Not worth it.
  9. pioruns

pioruns TS Rookie Posts: 20

This is insane!
    I live in United Kingdom. I have monthly plan with UNLIMITED DATA, 5000 text messages and 1000 minutes of talk to all mobile networks. I am paying monthly £12.5 - it's about $20.
    I feel sorry for you guys.
  10. I just signed up the family plan for 15gbs. However, everyone on the plan never goes past this of data in a month.