AT&T now offering 15GB of data for the price of 10GB

Himanshu Arora

Staff

If you are on AT&T's Mobile Share Value plan, here's some good news: starting today, the carrier is offering 15GB of data for the current price of 10GB -- $100 per month. This is a limited time promotion, although the company didn't specify when it would expire.

The offer is available to both new and existing AT&T customers and includes domestic unlimited talk and text. However, there is an additional smartphone access charge of $15 per month per line for "a smartphone purchased on AT&T Next, or at full price, or when a customer brings their own smartphone, or has no term commitment". Those who are on a 2-year wireless agreement will have to pay $40 per month per line.

The promotion comes just a couple of weeks after the nation's No. 2 carrier boosted data by 50 percent in its $40 and $70 plans, offering 3GB data instead of 2GB, and 6GB instead of 4GB, respectively. That offer also includes domestic unlimited talk and text, is available to both new and existing customers, and has no expiration date.

Prior to that, AT&T also doubled the amount of data users get with its 15, 20, 30, 40, and 50GB plans at no additional charge. The promotion applied to both new and existing customers, but was valid until October 31, although it was later extended to the 15th of this month.

Permalink to story.

Wow if only we could get this kind of pricing in Canada. But no the big 3 will continue gouging us more than our American friends get gouged.

No reasonable person should be spending $100 on data, no matter how much you get for it. Its stupid.

Anyway, my parents are still running with AT&T postpaid. I wonder if their plan can get upgraded to those $15 access line rates without up sizing their data package? Last I talked to them, each access line was $25 on a $15 discount from the original $40. They could reduce their total bill by $20 bucks. I would be $20 less disgusted with the fact that they're on AT&T postpaid.

Edit: Who am I kidding. AT&T couldn't possibly lower their prices. Looks like the $15 access line charge only starts at the 15 GB plan.

Last edited:
AT$T will continue to gouge consumers at these prices as long as people are willing to continue to pay these prices. My bet is that there are a significant number of people out there who have no clue how much data they need, so AT$T sales people will be happy to sell them a plan that is far more than what they need.

But then again, perhaps the reason why AT$T is offering this deal now is that the popularity of these plans is trailing off.

My straight talk plan give me 3gb...I use wi-fi most of the time, and even with that, I rarely use 2 gb of data per month. I'd rather save the 850 bucks a year on straight talk, than with a contract device that is locked, crippled and bloated.

Att is offering uverse internet at home for $15, 300 gb. By the way, my brother has att uverse internet which was modified online at att's website for a better deal of 1.5 meg download, and they slowed him back down to 0.7 meg download. Their employees seem to be double agents.

I have been on my brother's family plan for several years. I have saved a lot of money because of it.

I won't be signing up for more gbs. Not worth it.

This is insane!
I live in United Kingdom. I have monthly plan with UNLIMITED DATA, 5000 text messages and 1000 minutes of talk to all mobile networks. I am paying monthly £12.5 - it's about $20.
I feel sorry for you guys.

I just signed up the family plan for 15gbs. However, everyone on the plan never goes past this of data in a month.

Back