AT&T reportedly mulling acquisition of satellite broadcaster DirecTV

1. Telecom giant AT&T is in talks with DirecTV for a possible acquisition, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would likely be worth around $40 billion, DirecTV's current market capitalization.

Read more
  2. This has got to be the worst friggin deal to happen yet. DirecTV is a far worse as a satellite provider than DishNetwork. If you drop your DirecTV service contract early for bad service or what not, they force you to pay them $280.00 and then they screw up your credit rating with the 3 major credit reporting agencies. I personally checked this out on the internet some time ago.

I was dumb to get them, last year after a Dish Network contract expired and Dish Network tried to screw me over, and now the screwing is only going to get worse for people that have DirecTV service. I never should have gotten DirecTV and should have gone back to cable instead. Soon as the DirecTV contract expires, I'm gettin rid of them and going back to cable no questions asked.
  3. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,291   +55

I thought att already owned directv. Whenever I call att about internet billing, they always try to sell me directv.
  4. HellcatM

HellcatM TS Rookie Posts: 35