TechSpot

AT&T to stop charging customers for subsidies they aren't using

By Jos
Dec 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. T-Mobile’s ongoing Uncarrier strategy has already led to roughly 2 million news subscribers the last couple of quarters, while an increasing number of mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) are starting to thrive as cheaper alternatives for those who aren’t heavy...

Read more
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Gotta love competition. makes the fat cats work for their money.
    EClyde likes this.
  3. EClyde

EClyde TS Enthusiast Posts: 163   +16

Ever notice how much the ATT logo looks like the Deathstar?
  4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

now that you mentioned it. someone just needs to add a little satellite icon on top.
    EClyde likes this.
  5. That's a big jump from the $45 / 300M plan up to the next level at $70 / 1G. Is there going to be an option to select the lower plan and pay overages? 300M is close to what I need (I'm on wi-fi all day), but I could see hitting 400-500M some months.
  6. abysal

abysal TS Rookie Posts: 61   +9

Exactly, those f**ks at AT&T know this, so they want you to jump to the 1GB option.
  7. Hopefully Verizon jumps on this bandwagon.
  8. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

Where are the numbers coming from that are on the "Savings compared with original plan"?

Next, I hope that they allow you to buy your existing subsidized phones from them at a pro-rated discount to get on this plan. That would be a good move.
  9. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 353   +40

BYOP Straight Talk branded At&t SIM with 2.5 GB LTE data per month, unlimited minutes, texts, and unlimited throttled data after 2.5 GB. $45 bucks a month. Yeah, I'm not even near ready to jump ship for these AT&T no subsidy plans.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.