AT&T's new Mobile Share Value plans could save you a lot of money

By Shawn Knight
Feb 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T on Saturday introduced a new family plan that's easier to understand and will save customers some money in the process. The plan offers unlimited talk and text plus 10GB of data to share among all members.

Read more
  2. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 189   +30

AT&T: $145 for 3 lines for 10gig. T-Mobile has $120 for 3 lines each with 2.5gb or you can go unlimited for $150 for all 3 lines.

Sprint framily isn't bad either at $25/line but you need to reach 7 to get that discount... and you are stuck with crappy sprint network.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,527   +831

Id hop right on ATT or the above plans...if any of the companies other than verizon decided to offer service in my area....
    If someone could provide consistant service in my area they would be sitting on a goldmine...
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Close AT&T, but no limits and no surprises trumps a low price with sticker shock for overages. I'm still willing to go with T-Mobile or Sprint to have the peace of mind that my bill will not change because my family's usage did. It's funny, because these guys are offering unlimited service for about the same price.

I know AT&T and Verizon's viewpoint is that unlimited data can't last forever. But, what I'd like to know is, how long can they last without our business?
    psycros likes this.
  5. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,295   +663

I'd say its more like, "How long can they NOT offer unlimited data?" They just keep increasing the speeds and the apps keep using more data. Something has to give, and I'd say that something should be speed. Almost nobody needs over 500kBps for mobile data, and if they do let them pay for the heavy usage. Data should be sold by speed, not data consumed. Speed and number of simultaneous connections are the only real factors in managing network usage. Charging for a bucket of bits is a scam that leaves everyone with less throughput than they paid for.
    HafizNafes89 likes this.
  6. HafizNafes89

HafizNafes89 TS Member

When I saw your comment I knew I had to get in on this. I couldn't agree more with what you are saying, I feel almost the same way. These carriers are talking about how fast their internet speeds are and how it can outperform landline service but in reality we have no room to really put all of that service to use. its like having a Lamborghini except that you re only allowed to drive it in a parking lot which really doesn't justify having the fastest service on the planet.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

And if you are allowed to get off the parking lot, don't forget the speed restriction between parking lots. There is no practical point in having a car that will do 300, if you are not allowed to drive over 80.
    HafizNafes89 likes this.
  8. But you can no longer get an HTC One Refurbished for $50 with a 2 year contract upgrade... you'll have to pay $300 or more for a decent phone which will wipe out your savings with the new plan.