ATAPI Event ID 11-BSOD related?

Tecdude

Hi everyone this is my first post here.
I am having this issue since I upgraded to win 7. Probably this is the cause of my random BSOD´s. I have opened the device manager but can´t find "IdePort2". I have 4 ATA Channel from 0 to 1, don´t know how to find Device/Ide/IdePort2.
I appreciate any help.
Thanks

What version of Windows did you upgrade from? The "Device/Ide/IdePort2" is part of the motherboard's chipset drivers

Hi!Thanks for the reply.
I had Windows XP Sp3 32 bits - My mobo is a Asrock G31M-GS R2.0 I upgraded to Win 7 64 bits build 7601.

ok!My sistem haves 9.1.1.1025 and that one is xx.1020 should I install it?
Forgot to say that my language isn´t English.

Yes, go ahead and re-install the INF driver that is on that website. A Windows Update might have caused the problem...You can change the language of that page if it is easier

I understand English better than I write .lol OK installed it now gotta wait and see, but I´m having this stupid BSOD's since XP, the most common are:0x0F4,0x050, and they relate to different .sys files. Impossible to predict unless the system hangs. Let´s see what happens if I have another I´ll post here.

I understand English better than I write .lol OK installed it now gotta wait and see, but I´m having this stupid BSOD's since XP, the most common are:0x0F4,0x050, and they relate to different .sys files. Impossible to predict unless the system hangs. Let´s see what happens if I have another I´ll post here.

So you upgraded from XP to Windows 7? How old is the computer hardware? What country are you living in now?

So you upgraded from XP to Windows 7? How old is the computer hardware? What country are you living in now?
I still leave in the same country, Portugal (yeah, the infamous country thats in the debt boat).
My computer is very old. I can´t buy a new one so I used spare parts of old pc's I haved repaired and bought some new ones (Mobo, PSU and RAM), that's why I think it can be a dieing HDD, or CPU.
I had 4 BSOD's since yesterday 3 0x0F4 and 1 0x0A7. Checked memory no error's, I think it can be my HDD where I have 2 partitions and installed the windows 7.
Know any site where I can learn to read the dump files?

Yes so you speak Portuguese? You need experience to interpret minidumps. It is not enough just to read them. Your computer is not powerful enough to run Windows 7 I'm afraid... Bluescreenview is what I use

So with all that information, what did you decide to do? Did you do a full format when you upgraded the operating system?

For the ID 11 I´m going to try to put the IDE HDD from master to slave, but I changed the HDD to master because of the BSOD. I add 2 BSOD's today 0x07A. I formated the disc and created 2 partitions on it, but as I mentioned before, I have this issue since XP. I made a check disk error´s and repaired the bad sector's, I used data lifeguard diagnostic tools, no error´s, I don´t know if a dieing HDD can create this type of issues.

Ntoskrnl.exe is a normal indication of general Windows instability and that hard drive needs to be replaced . Yes a dying hard drive can cause your BSOD's

Back