ATI 4.10 Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently downloaded the 4.10 drivers with CCC. I installed them correctly. Doing everything as it should be done. But for some bizzar reason, when playing Wolfenstein Enemy Territory for about 10mins my whole system locks up.

The only way i could stop this was by reverting to my 4.9's. Does any one know why this is happening? Help is very wanted :mad:

I'm not sure what your problem is, but I just wanted to mention this quote from this article.

CATALYST 3.10 did an excellent job of resolving some of the nagging issues that have plagued previous CATALYST drivers, including the very annoying Call of Duty stability problems. As far as we can see, CATALYST 4.1 doesn’t really build much on top of that, and adds a performance decrease with Enemy Territory.

What video card do you have?

The new CATALYST Control Center is supported on the RADEON 9500, RADEON 9600, RADEON 9700, RADEON 9800, RADEON X300, RADEON X600, or RADEON X800 Series of products.

You are probably not using anything less than that with Enemy Territory.

Have you tried redownloading / reinstalling Catalyst? Do you have a similar problem with any other games? Are you getting any errors?

Technel

That is a problem with ATI & nVidia drivers with certain games using PunkBuster...
It's most widespread on ATI hardware running on nForce chipsets though.

Either downgrade to 4.9 (driver ver: 8.05) or try the beta's (8.07) ATI posted on their site a while ago... From what I've read whether or not you use Omega's drivers shouldn't affect anything, but you might get lucky (if the beta's doesn't fix it)..

doesn't work ...

I've got ATI 9600 Pro and have the same problem with Enemy Territory

Is it possible that xp's service pack 2 has something to do with this problem ...

The problems started when I've decided to upgrade my system security... :angel:

now I'm having ATI Catalyst 3,10 and this still ocurs, I mean after 5-10 minutes of play ... the game stop responding ...

You can find a thread about the problem here which gives you a bit of information about the problem, but (afaicr) no other solutions than what I've already posted here.

And here is a search (don't know how long it'll live) which shows that this is a somewhat widespread problem. Now we just gotta hope that ATI and nVidia work together with Even Balance to fix the problem asap.

I run a 9600xt. I tried a total driver flush. That didnt work. I did revert to 4.9's. Id just like the latest drivers :/ Good for nothing PB :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back