Ati 9200 Se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

Just bought a graphic card and i got some problems with it. Maybe u guys can help me...:D
Like u saw it's a ATI 9200 SE 128MB. And the problem is, everytime I play a game who involves 3D graphics, the game shuts down and goes back to Windows or sometimes the PC reboots. :confused:

My configuration is:
-Windows 2000 pro
-512MB pc3200
-2500AMD athlon
-Motherboard K7V8X-X from Asus.

I dunno if it's the driver that i gotta do. I installed it from the CD-Rom who was delivered with it. Wasn't sure i had to update it.

So if somebody can help me. I would be gratefull.:grinthumb

Greetz,

Greg

It would be really good to get the lastest driver from the ATI website. You never know that the drivers from the CD may be buggy.

I remember the drivers that came with my GF3 had awful problems with Counter-Strike. I ended up dumping the Asus drivers and going for Nvidia's ones in the end. Ended up doing the same with my Sapphire Radeon cards. Just get the ATI Catalyst drivers from their site.

mmm still got a problem

I tried it but it didn't work again. The only game wich i have no problems with it is "enter the matrix" all the rest i 've got problems. Is it possible that my card is broken or that my card gets too hot. I don't understand:confused:

Do u have some other advice for me???

Re: mmm still got a problem

Originally posted by DaySleeper
I tried it but it didn't work again. The only game wich i have no problems with it is "enter the matrix" all the rest i 've got problems. Is it possible that my card is broken or that my card gets too hot. I don't understand:confused:

Do u have some other advice for me???

Well its possible some of the games are working ok as they are using OpenGL and the Matrix one is using direct3d.

Did you install the new ATI driver over the top of the previous one or remove the previous one first. Try uninstalling the driver via "Add remove programs" from the control panel, setting it to use the Standard VGA one then reinstalling the new ATI driver. Just to be sure of a clean and proper driver install.

9200 SE DVD Playback Issue

I'm having a smilar problem with my 9200 SE. Instead of issues with games, everytime I go to play a DVD in WMP9 or RealPlayer 10, it'll get through the opening and get to the menu screen and then the computer reboots.

I've done uninstalls and clean installs. I've upgraded my BIOS just to make sure that the hardware support is there. I've even gone back and used older versions of the Catalyst drivers from ATI.

Has this happened to anyone? Or is anyone familiar with it?

My system:

P4 1.3 GHz
Intel GB850 chipset motherboard
256 MB PC800 RDRAM
80 GB 7200 Western Dig HDD
128 MB RADEON 9200 SE
SoundBlaster Live!
Hitachi GD-8000 DVD-ROM
NEC NR-7700A CDRW
MS Win XP Pro (Running FAT32 not NTFS) SP1a

Status
Not open for further replies.