ATI 9800 PRO Performance Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye-in

Hello,

My frate rate has been very jumpy recently, with alot of freezes and hick-ups. The frames go as low as .1 at times for short periods of time (1-3 sec). This is new, last week there was no hick-ups, smooth sailing. This week bad performance.

My card is over 2 yrs old. I know its not that good, but has done the job. What can I do to help gain my old performance back while gaming?

I first thought my PC was infected, but scans have found nothing. I have also defragged and done a system restore, but still having periods were the frames drop very low. I would like to have better performance again, any suggestions on how to achive this?

Have you made sure the driver settings haven't changed? Mistakenly adding Antialiasing to a 9800 Pro driver settings in more modern games can have impacts like you have described.

I'd also say try uninstalling/re-installing the drivers. Sometimes this can help refresh registry/driver settings that have become changed.

I have tryed re-installing the 6.9 driver, twice. All of my options in the control center are for performance (all the way to the left). I have no 'eye candy' in games, everything is off. No anti, no atmospheric, no nothin. The games would run ok, not good. Now they are bad and unenjoyable.

Cleaned the fan out the other day, it roataes with ease, alot better know that the handful of dust was removed lol. I use ATITool and it still hick-ups. I am starting to think my card has gone kaputz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back