ATI 9800 pro video card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

comper

Several of my friends and myself have had major crashes recently stemming from what appears to be VPU errors associated with ATI products. My friends are both running 9800 Pro 128s and I am running a 9800 pro 256. I purchased this card this summer to handle Doom 3 and I haven’t had any luck with it. I am basically wondering if others out there are experiencing the same problems, and if so, what can be done to alleviate them. I have built numerous systems in my time and have only recently experienced these problems. If you want to know the stats of these computers, I will gladly give them. By the way, I have flashed my bios, updated to the newest catalyst drivers, and updated all of my chipset drivers. Please Help!!!!

All have the same Problems

I have heard about MANY!! Ati 9800Pro crashs.. Even From my slef.. My was crashing to.

A Tip to everybody that have there ATI 9800Pro Crashing:

-Uninstall ServicePack2.
-Download it again when new Drivers Come out. Beacuse there Ati Drivers Today havent been used to SP2 yet.
-It worked by me :slurp:

thanks

The only problems Ive had are the card overheating(fixed with VGA Silencer cooler) and crashes caused by the Catalyst 4.11 drivers. Went back to 4.10 and havent had any problems. See how hot the card is running. I have a Powercolor and even at stock speeds it would get so hot after 10 minutes of gaming it would lock up, even with that big *** heatsink that comes with it. Now with the Silencer it barely gets warm.

Silencer?

Thanks for the suggestion. I was figuring that it was heat related, but the problem/s started when I upgraded drivers, and they didn't stop when I went back to the old ones... Also, what is this "Silencer" you are talking about? What brand is it? Can you drop me some more details, it would be much appreciated... Just to let you all know how bad the problems were: I'm temporarily running a nVidia MX 4000, just so my comp will run... Quite a nice down grade...Radeon 9800 Pro 256 to a MX 4000 128... you people should help me out of pitty now!

comper said:
Several of my friends and myself have had major crashes recently stemming from what appears to be VPU errors associated with ATI products. My friends are both running 9800 Pro 128s and I am running a 9800 pro 256. I purchased this card this summer to handle Doom 3 and I haven’t had any luck with it. I am basically wondering if others out there are experiencing the same problems, and if so, what can be done to alleviate them. I have built numerous systems in my time and have only recently experienced these problems. If you want to know the stats of these computers, I will gladly give them. By the way, I have flashed my bios, updated to the newest catalyst drivers, and updated all of my chipset drivers. Please Help!!!!

Have a look at the following site.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Regards Howard
:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back