TechSpot

ATI Catalyst drivers v4.1

By Julio Franco
Jan 20, 2004
  1. We missed this one yesterday although nothing too new on this new set, Radeon drivers have had a long way already and they have reached a point of maturity where performance improvements are not feasible in current generation of games anymore (which is actually a good thing since you are squeezing every bit of performance out of your card already). In the other hand, ATI promises better compatibility and a list of bug fixes.

2. Krugger

Krugger TS Rookie Posts: 173

about to give them a try, but i doubt any future releases are going to do anything for my older radeon.

3. SubKamran

SubKamran TS Rookie Posts: 166

Catalyst 3.10 and above will not work with Windows Server 2003.

4. Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment TS Rookie Posts: 77

can you be specific?

it makes sense - as why would anyone use server 2003 on a desktop system with a radeon card in it :)

on the other hand i also have serevr 2003 and will try out the new cats to see what does not work. (i use it as it is faster then XP ) i lvoe 180 day trials.

5. SubKamran

SubKamran TS Rookie Posts: 166

It reads it as Windows XP 64-bit :p And this isn't really a problem since I'm only temporarily putting it in this computer until I buy my RAM and hard drive for the new comp :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.