ATI Crossfire with two X1950GT's aren't letting me play videos or play battlefield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimla

I turn on the crossfire mode through the catalyst driver and i try to play videos and i have no luck, same if i try to play battlefield 2 and 2142, but when i turn the crossfire off the videos start playing and i am able to play the battlefield games. Is there any way to fix the crossfire mode with software or anything? because i would like to play videos and battlefield 2 and 2142 on crossfire mode.

//edit//the videocards are crossfire ready and i am able to play quake 4 in crossfire mode

What's your psu? For two of those cards in Cross-fire mode you're looking at something like 550w and 38amps to be able to do Crossfire.

Hmmm. What brand and stuff? As these guys informed me in my thread, although it says it can put out 600 the real wattage might only be 450 or so..

I had the same problem, and i hunted high and low for the correct answer, some people getting more technical than last, the answer and its very simple.

RUN ALL YOUR GAMES IN "WINDOWED MODE"

everything works perfectly since i did that.

Job done

my psu is 500w 2 gig of ram and i think considering cards like x1950pro's need to steal 256meg per card thats the minimum ram needed,latest drivers.
oh and also make sure your crossfire bridges are the correct way round, underside of the strips you will see "J1A" that end goes to your master card.

another thing check you have the same bios on each card, beleive it or not, even though my cards were identical, they had diffrent bois to each other, and oh, windowed mode im told is not useing both cards together. dont know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back