ATI hypes new "Catalyst" driver sets for the Radeon

By Rick
Jun 21, 2002
  1. The full suite of drivers include the usual graphics and video functionality, as ATI's drivers usually do.

Unlike previous drivers, however, ATI has been putting a lot of effort into these supposedly.. And optimization + stability should be the byproduct of their efforts.

I apologize for not having a link (In a hurry), but I originally read this at and found actual benchmark results

It would appear that Hard|OCP has found the drivers to improve general performance substantially, making the Radeon 8500 on par with the Gainward Geforce 4 4200.

I've been using the drivers quite successfully on my ATI Radeon 64DDR. I can honestly say I've had no problems yet in a wide variety of games. The last certified drivers ATI released were also quite stable.
  2. SleeperDC

SleeperDC TS Rookie Posts: 184

it WAS in the news at 3DS

anyways, thx
  3. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,926   +185

Oh sorry Rick, I didn't see that you had posted about this here untill now...

I don't know if you had posted this before I did so at the homepage or not though...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.