Ati mobility 9000 igp and Half life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ati mobility 9000 igp compatability Half life 2

okay guys i wanna get this laptop and i was wondering if its going to play half-life 2 normally and w/o any problems. Here are the specs, plz i need some suggestions....Thanks

Microsoft xp pro
P4 3.2 Ghz w/HT
Ati Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP W/64MB Shared <up to 128MB>
512 DDR SDRAM (2x256MB)
60 GB 5400 RPMHard Drive
DVD/CD-RW

P.S. if im sharing the megabites, so i would have 384 to 448 megabites left, will that be enough to to run other programs along with games?

im not sure what halflife 2 specs are, i only have part 1. but i think what hurts gaming on laptops is the video cards usually. they dont normally come stacked like u can have a desktop.

hey worry_alot.this laptop should play the hl2,hl2 uses different dircetx option depending on your card so it works with every card from directx7 to 9.oc.it runs fine even on an old celeron 2.4ghz laptop with 256 mb ram 64 of which is for the radeon igp.it ran fine but you wont get the wow fator and see the game in all its glory.if you havent bought this laptop,then i suggest you look around maybe find one with ati radeon 9000,9200,9700 igp or the nvidia geforce go fx5200,5600.2 things that i should mention is getting a p4 desktop at 3.6 ghz wont do you much good,it will only eat up yior battery life as fast as it can,you'll be lucky to get 45-55(1>hour) minutes out of its battey inreal world work environment, its designed for desktops.if you've got the budget than look for a pentium m 1.2-1.6 ghz,they are more powerful or at par with pentium 2.8-3.0 ghz,they've got a different architecture and are really powerful.get a sxga screen if you can get one 15.4"(wide aspect) or a sony ultrabright laptop.

hope this helps

well i have the HP zv5330us the specs are
INTEL P4HT 3.2 ghz
512 ram
128 shared video (ati igp 9000)
80gb hd 5400 rpm
dvd-rw/cd-rw

and it runs hafllife 2 flawlessly :) i did a test on css for the speed and the avg was 50 fps on low res and about 35-40 on the highest graphics settings :)

the strange thing is that my computer can't play HALO worth crap outside maps work fine but when im playing with wall's and stuff it skipps and freezes everyware... just goes to show that halo crap compared to halflife

i have mine constanty running at 128 shared so i have 384 user accesable, but im gonna put a 512 stick in mine with the other 256 in so i'll have 6 somthing available, that should run much better

thanks guys

Well yeah thanks for your input i did alot of research and took consideration of Shadow_29 ideas. And i got a dell 6000d. here are the specs

1.86 ghz M Proccesor at 533 FSB
512 MB of Ram
ATi Radeon x300 128MB Pci Express
60gb hard drive
Windows XP pro
15.4 inch UltraSharp WUXGA LCD Panel

Im pretty happy wid the laptop. i had it for a couple months. I tried Counter Strike Source and day of defeat source and it runs great.Thanks again for the suggestions!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back