TechSpot

ATI R420: Two Times Faster Than The RADEON 9800 PRO

By xRave
Jun 21, 2003
  1. Xbit Labs says the new grahics core from ATi, known under the codename R420, will be twice as fast as their current Top speeder Radeon 9800 PRO. According to Xbit Labs it will excist out 110 till 150 million transistors and will be build at 0,15 micronprocédé.

X-Bit Labs news

2. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Already posted here. I wonder if this can be true, it's kind of hard to believe they can make a card twice as fast, this soon.

3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

Personally I would rather have a card that has the same performance as the 9800 pro and cost half as much as I would a card that is twice as fast and cost the same or more.

4. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

don't worry

if this hits.......... the 9800 pro ......will be...... half the price

5. Steg

Steg TS Rookie Posts: 422

yeh and the before the NV30 came out it was supposed to be TWICE as fast at the Radeon 9700! and was it? not by a LONG way. There is no chance in hell that ATi can get a card out twice as fast in this soon - it is just not possible

Steg

6. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Steg> Wasn't that what people said about the Radeon 9700pro? ;) :D

Just couldn't resist!

7. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

It will probably be something like 50% faster and 50% more expensive.

I too, would like to see a card the same speed as the 9800.. But at half of the price. ;)

8. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

It is possible, but not likely. People said man would never sat foot on the moon too, but now it is a reality :D

9. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Why not twice the speed of the 9800 Pro but half the price? :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.