Ati radeon 800GT crash on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesheep

Mu computer has been very stable in teal about a month ago. The funny thing is that it only crashes when i play a game or a video. This make me believe that it is my video card not the CPU. I talked to a guy at Best Buy and he told me that my RADEON X800GT is old and that is it may not work with Vista. If this is true then in need a new video card. Can some one conform this before I go out and buy a now card.

specs:

Graphics: RADEON X800GT
Processor:intel pentium D dual core
Memory: 2 1gb DDR2

If you suspect that this is not the problem please let me know.

bluesheep said:
Mu computer has been very stable in teal about a month ago. The funny thing is that it only crashes when i play a game or a video. This make me believe that it is my video card not the CPU. I talked to a guy at Best Buy and he told me that my RADEON X800GT is old and that is it may not work with Vista. If this is true then in need a new video card. Can some one conform this before I go out and buy a now card.

specs:

Graphics: RADEON X800GT
Processor:intel pentium D dual core
Memory: 2 1gb DDR2

If you suspect that this is not the problem please let me know.

You know, i wouldnt be surprised about the X800GT incompatibility with Vista. Vista seems to have a fair bit of them with other things. Plus the X800GT is like an high end - old card. If latest drivers dont work, then the salesman may be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back