TechSpot

Ati Radeon 9250 Agp

By TheGuy
Apr 30, 2006
  1. Hi. I have a Radeon 9250 Agp 128mb / 64bit videocard. On parts of some games the graphic is glass like, somethings are transparent, viewed from an angle. I tried many drivers but nothing changed. Please write me only if you had such problem and if you managed to fix it. Thank you

2. notcorn

notcorn TS Rookie Posts: 49

I had strange lighting effects in some games when I used the drivers supplied with my 9250. After installing catalyst 6.1 drivers it all cleared up. Since that I've used Catalyst 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 which also worked perfectly fine. Overheating can also cause abnormal effects but it's unlikely that would cause the problems you mentioned.

You can get Catalyst drivers Here

3. TheGuy

TheGuy TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried the newest Catalyst(6.4), I have tried many Catalyst but it didnt changed anything.

4. notcorn

notcorn TS Rookie Posts: 49

Maybe you should give the brand of the card you're using and the the games it has problems with.

5. TheGuy

TheGuy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Problem Ati

The card was manufactured by 3d Club. Games with the mentioned problems: GTA San Andreas, Midnight Club, Juiced

6. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Or give a try to the Omega drivers, they are better than catalysts (no control center, no .net framework).
    I use them and they work like a charm!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.