ATI Radeon 9600 Pro vs GeForce FX 5600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guyz ...
I'm planning to buy a new desktop soon, could you guyz give me suggestion which one would be better ?

ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 128 MB
vs
MSI GeForce FX 5600 128 MB

I had a similar decision to make like you. I am going to buy an AGP graphics card. I couldn't decide whether to get an ATi 9600 XT 128MB, or a GeforceFX 5600 128MB. The people who were guiding me on what to buy said, that the geforce fx cards performed poorly with directx 9, where as the ATi cards run smoothly when running on directx. I am going to buy the ATi 9600 XT 128MB out of the two choices. Here is a quote that someone has said after they bought a

CONNECT 3D ATI RADEON 9600 PRO 128MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD

I have just bought my CONNECT 3D ATI RADEON 9600 PRO and I can’t believe but this card is better that the high end Geforce FX5900 (yes this is the £300+ graphic card). With this card I can play games such as max payne 2 and Halo at highest details without any glitch (I get 70FPS @ highest details). This card was made to rival Nvidia Geforce FX5600. You will see how this card performs in half life 2. The test was done with DirectX 9 Full Precision Performance and this card managed to beat Geforce FX5900 (which costs £350).

This person says that this card beats the fx5900 never mind the fx5600. Also the ATi card being used is the PRO and not the XT. There is not too much difference between the PRO and XT.

But the point here is that ATi 9600 Pro is said to be better than Geforce FX Cards.

The review is off this site if you wanna check it out

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG8526_connect_3d_ati_rad.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back