TechSpot

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro vs GeForce FX 5600

By MRT_Gooners85
Nov 6, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guyz ...
    I'm planning to buy a new desktop soon, could you guyz give me suggestion which one would be better ?

ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 128 MB
    vs
    MSI GeForce FX 5600 128 MB
  2. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

3. Jaf

Jaf TS Rookie Posts: 63

I had a similar decision to make like you. I am going to buy an AGP graphics card. I couldn't decide whether to get an ATi 9600 XT 128MB, or a GeforceFX 5600 128MB. The people who were guiding me on what to buy said, that the geforce fx cards performed poorly with directx 9, where as the ATi cards run smoothly when running on directx. I am going to buy the ATi 9600 XT 128MB out of the two choices. Here is a quote that someone has said after they bought a

CONNECT 3D ATI RADEON 9600 PRO 128MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD

This person says that this card beats the fx5900 never mind the fx5600. Also the ATi card being used is the PRO and not the XT. There is not too much difference between the PRO and XT.

But the point here is that ATi 9600 Pro is said to be better than Geforce FX Cards.

The review is off this site if you wanna check it out

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG8526_connect_3d_ati_rad.html
  4. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 394

ATI...more bang for ur buck, no doubt
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.