Ati Radeon 9600 XT 128mb Good Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodex

So I just bought it for 50 bucks,wondering if this is a good card? Will it play new gen games fast and decent just not on highest setting? and does it REQUIRE a power supply? I didnt see the port for a connector like the one on the radeon 9700 pro.

it is a good card, just a bit older. it should handle most games ok but not at a higher setting. it does not require any extra power. just make sure you have the most recent drivers for it.

ahh thats why.. well the 9600xt is the next best thing to my card.. n i can say its a good card... id say its a mainstream card tho.. if yuo can u should go for a 9800pro/xt

Talking about the 9600 xt/td, i rescently bought one.. The specs were alot more promising then my old GF4 mx440 (obviously), but trying to make the somewhat newer games run smoothly is out of the question.

An example would be GTA SA... I run it in 640x480x16 in less then medium detail, and still it shows like a slideshow with .5 second intervals. Then a moment later, everything runs smooth as can be, and i'm able to run it smoothly in 1024x768x16 with lots more options enabled, then moments later, a slideshow again...

running Athlon xp 1800+
XP sp1
1024 mb ddr @ 3200
9600 XT/TD 128

My mobo only supports up to 4x agp atm (new mobo and 64 fx are underway), so i figured that this could cause the very low performance, but i tried the card in a friends comp which does support 8x, but that didnt make lots of difference...

Any ideas on how to get better performance out of this card while im not on the new config yet?

grtz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back