ATI Radeon 9600XT VPU Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

OK so recently, i thought i would reinstall Medal of honor: allied assault. But i soon noticed i was getting VPU errors all the time. I get 2 VPU errors. the first not needing me to restart my computer, and the second telling me i need to restart my computer. it happends every single time after about 15 or 20 minutes of playing. I reinstalled my drivers but that didn't work. Just now i even got a blue screen of death saying my graphics card was the problem. Is it broke?

The card could be slowly dying yes. But it also could be an issue with the game, or an issue with heat.

1. Does the card have any problems on other games?

2. Did you reinstall the Newest (non beta) drivers?

3. You may want to try Omega drivers, for better stability.The can be found Here

well it does not seem to vpu error on other games as much as MOHAA but i do get occasional vpu's. i uninstalled then reinstalled from my cd and then downloaded the 6.8 catalyst.

It sometimes makes my PC go into a low power state aswell with the monitor switching off and the PC not responding. I have to turn it off with the restart button. Also, when i play games my pc gets VERY hot and just after 10 minutes of playing my cpu was at 51 degrees. my this be an overheating problem?

justinone said:
Also, when i play games my pc gets VERY hot and just after 10 minutes of playing my cpu was at 51 degrees. my this be an overheating problem?

That CPU temp is fine. 51 is nothing to worry about. I had a Celeron D CPU running at 55°C just idling. And it worked fine.

Anyway, make sure your ATI isn't working too hot.

Well you see the thing is, i did overclock it at one time but i stopped and restarted with it from scratch to default settings again. I dont know if that caused any fatal damage. My GPU has no temp monitoring on it so i have no idea how hot it is. It wouldn't surprise me if it was to hot.

If you didn't an extreme overclock to it, for an extended period of time, it should be fine.
Otherwise, it might be damaged :(

BTW, Did you try ATK Spade's suggestion? Did you try the Omega drivers?

i dont like to use omega drivers, they are to complicated for me lol. Yes i think my card is damaged. I am saving up for a x850 pro anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back