ATI Radeon 9800 Graphic Driver doesn't start when windows starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
After attempting to install WinXP SP2, my computer had a hairy canary, and I had to uninstall SP2, and re-install some windows components.
However, after that, for some reason my graphic driver won't start every time windows starts. So every time I restart my computer I have to go into the device manager, uninstall the graphics card, then run the Find hardware wizard to install the graphic driver. This isn't the only annoyance, because in order for the other programs associated with the driver to run (Hydravision), they need the driver running at start up, otherwise they dont run properly either.

I've tried re-installing and repairing the the driver and the files associated with them several times, and in differnant orders to no avail. My driver is the most current available from the ati website

Help would be greatly appcriated.
Edit/Delete Message

Uninstall the driver and then do a search for any files related to ATI and delete them as well. Then reboot and re-install the new driver. If that doesnt work it might be easier to just back up your data and do a clean install of Windows. Thats also the bast time to apply service packs.

Reformat......

LOL !

After installing/uninstalling so much software especially that nasty sp2. windows may be complaining about driver conflicts among another things..
Xp is like a delicatly balanced eco-system one wrong move and it starts the drum roll for its own extinction. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back