ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro AGP VisionTek Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitaristpat

Operating system is Windows XP Professional, Video card ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro AGP VisionTek. This thread is just a clean thread so me and blind Dragon can start from the Beginning.

1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software or other drivers that you have tried.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
6. Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO
7. Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.

1.Go to link below- Double-click on the downloaded driver file. Click Run
Use the default directory for extracting the files and press the Install button.

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat77-xp.html

2. Click Next on the first install screen.
3. Click Yes to the License agreement.
4. Click the Custom button.
5. Select the driver, catalyst control center and uncheck the box for steam
# The installer will start to load the display driver first.
Next you will see the WDM Capture drivers load (for VIVO or All-In-Wonder).
The Catalyst Control Center setup will start shortly after.
A dialog box will indicate the install progress.

6.Click Finish to restart your computer.

If it still doesn't work continue below
7.Device manager=> have disk
8.Select the Driver location which should be C:\ATI\Driver Folder\Driver

When i go to download the display driver i get a message after agreeing with their terms saying "setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system, setup will now exit." and it closes. I am suppose to be downloading the display driver right?

a friend of mine just gave me a Nvidia 6200 OC which i put in and started everything runs fine now. I took back the Radeon card and have decided to just keep the nvidia one. I guess my computer just doesn't work to well with ATI cards, so this may be an answer to someone who has the same problem with the 3D acceleration problem. Thanks a lot Blind Dragon for your help thoughout the whole thing. I really do appriciate it.

Pat

anytime, just curious did you do step 7 and step 8 of the install instructions after it gave you that error

Its not the cards fault either, its ATI and their crappy drivers, and their lack of released information

Guitaristpat said:
When i go to download the display driver i get a message after agreeing with their terms saying "setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system, setup will now exit." and it closes. I am suppose to be downloading the display driver right?

I had the same problem

I found this site that explains how to make it work for your computer and it works

http://home.comcast.net/~exdeus/ati-hd2x00/#AGP

Hope it helps

card help needed

so i installed this card into my pc and it tells me it found a new pci device its unknown so seeing as its unknown how might i find out what it means any suggestions? and I cant seem to connect to the internet on that pc any more it tells me the connection is limited or there may be no connection at all. could this be due to the new video card? and if not does anyone know the commands to release and renew an ip through cmd? like get a new one etc.

How I fixed the PCI Device problem

I was having the same "PCI Device" issue after installing my 2600 HD. Was getting prompted for drivers every time I started my PC. Here's how I fixed it.

Installed the latest Catalyst suite (currently v8.1) from the ATI website.
Opened the install CD that came with the card.
Ran setup.exe in the \Drivers\XP\HDAudioDrv folder.
Waited about 5 minutes, thinking the install was locked up, but it eventually finished and prompted me to restart.
Restarted my PC.

I no longer get prompted for the PCI Device drivers, nor do I see PCI Device in the Device Manager.

Hope this works for you, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back