ATI Radeon X1300

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp0gam3r

I just bought an ATI Radeon X1300 512MB but for some reason, i cannot run games, such as Quake 4 n F.E.A.R on high quality!!!! I know my CPu is gd, but wt seems to be the problem??!?!!?

Ny Suggestions!!

The Radeon x1300 is a low-end budget video card. It is not one of the best, in fact, it is one of the below-average graphics cards.

Don't look at "1300" and think that it's one of the better ones. An x1300 is actually worse than an x800.
Because "X" and "X1" are the generations, whereas 800 and 300 are the models. Thus the x800 is better than the x1300. The x800 would be an old high-end card and the x1300 would be a new low-end card. Make sense?

Also, having 512MB of memory for such a chipset as the x1300 is pretty much a waste, since most of it will not be used to its full potential.
The x1300 cards have a 128-bit memory interface (small) and your particular one has 512MB of memory (big). With a 128-bit interface, it would be the equivalent of trying to get a huge bucket of water out of a small pin-hole.

I used to have the Radeon x1300 and it had disappointing performance on new games. It can play many games on good settings but it would choke on newer games.
Even when I upgraded to a mid-range video card I can only barely play FEAR on good settings with good performance. Once again, the x1300 is a low-end product and is not made for graphically demanding games such as FEAR or Quake 4. You will need to turn your settings down to get better frame rates.

Thats a horrible card for gaming on todays games,

However ,, as far as image quality ,, You need to go to driver settings,, and make sure image quality and stuff is on high ,,

The games will also let you take up settings to max ,, however your game will be slow,

gl,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back