TechSpot

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 question.

By Xendo355
Dec 30, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. I'm just wondering if the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card has T&L capabilities. I'd like to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on it but it runs so slowly on my computer even though I meet all the requirements except for the fact that I don't know if my graphics card is T&L capable. Thanks in advance.
  2. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 663

thats strange, in my old computer i had the x200 and it ran kotor fine, cant remeber the quality though, most likley not very good
  3. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

How much memory (RAM) do you have? That could be one of the factors.
  4. Benz2002

Benz2002 TS Rookie Posts: 19

I have a x200 and I play CSS, DODS AND HL2DM. I have 750 Ram and 256 Video Memory.
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Hello. It does have them.
  6. Xendo355

Xendo355 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have 512 mb of DDR SDRam, but when running my system it goes down to about 382, which should stil run it considering it minumum requirement is 256mb for winXP. I also have 128mb of video memory. I have all of the settings on low and it still runs slow.
  7. Kitch

Kitch TS Rookie Posts: 29

A nice little tester for all games can be found athttp://www.srtest.com/

Its a great little tool to see what in your system is holding you back and in turn what you need to upgrade, so go check it out!
  8. Xendo355

Xendo355 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for all your help. I went to the website and it looks like it's the graphics card. I don't really have any money to upgrade so I guess I'll just forget about it for now.
  9. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

Your X200 takes it's video memory from your system memory. That's called turbo cache in most cases.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.