ATI Radeon Xpress 200 question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xendo355

Hello. I'm just wondering if the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card has T&L capabilities. I'd like to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on it but it runs so slowly on my computer even though I meet all the requirements except for the fact that I don't know if my graphics card is T&L capable. Thanks in advance.

thats strange, in my old computer i had the x200 and it ran kotor fine, cant remeber the quality though, most likley not very good

Xendo355 said:
Hello. I'm just wondering if the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card has T&L capabilities. I'd like to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on it but it runs so slowly on my computer even though I meet all the requirements except for the fact that I don't know if my graphics card is T&L capable. Thanks in advance.

How much memory (RAM) do you have? That could be one of the factors.

I have 512 mb of DDR SDRam, but when running my system it goes down to about 382, which should stil run it considering it minumum requirement is 256mb for winXP. I also have 128mb of video memory. I have all of the settings on low and it still runs slow.

A nice little tester for all games can be found athttp://www.srtest.com/

Its a great little tool to see what in your system is holding you back and in turn what you need to upgrade, so go check it out!

Thanks for all your help. I went to the website and it looks like it's the graphics card. I don't really have any money to upgrade so I guess I'll just forget about it for now.

Xendo355 said:
I have 512 mb of DDR SDRam, but when running my system it goes down to about 382

Your X200 takes it's video memory from your system memory. That's called turbo cache in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back