Ati Rage Theater Problem :@:@:@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all
I am having a problem. When I try to stand by or hibernate my PC, an error message occurs saying "the driver Ati WDM Rage Theater Video is preventing the system from entering standby" or words to that effect.

PLEASE HELP ME, THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!!

Matt :p

First thing to try is updating that driver. Get on www.ati.com and download the latest drive.

Secondly, does your vid card actually HAVE the WDM support? Is it an all-in-wonder card? Some of their plain cards don't need that driver.

Non-ACPI compliant drivers can't be turned off for power management, hense the error.

If updating driver doesn't work, trying deleting just that portion of the driver (in case it isn't needed). And what is your vid card's model?

Hi

Could not find an update for the driver.

No, my card is not an all in wonder. It is an Asus Radeon 9600 XT.

Hope this helps. What do you reccomend I do?

If the thread that Howard posted doesn't work, I would suggest deleting the WDM driver. Chances are good your card doesn't even use that feature. It gets installed as part of a "bundled" driver. I've had trouble with ATI cards and WDM drivers being loaded when the card doesn't have that feature.

Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager and look for that WDM driver in the video section. You could attempt removing it.

Good luck!

Hi

I first of all tried to disable the driver and when I did, the fan on the graphics card, which usually hums away happily, kept coming in and off at about 5 seconds intervals. Do you reccommend that I uninstall the driver then? I am slightly worried that I wouldn't be able to get it back if I need to or something might go wrong.

Thanks for all your help
Matt

Go on ATI's web site to the driver download section. Go to the "lowspeed" connection area and download just the driver, and control panel.

Once you have those downloaded, if you want to give it a shot, uninstall all your ATI software and reload those. You can uninstall ATI first through the Control Panel, Add/remove software, it will ask to restart. When Windows comes up, you can hopefully cancel the add new hardware thing, and install the drivers you downloaded.

If you don't want to do all that, re-enable the WDM, and maybe we can find another solution?

Well then, before uninstalling your video driver, uninstall the webcam first, if that doesn't fix it, try reloading the video driver as previously posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back