ATi update problem

Basically, I use Steam the gaming software, and I just bough Counter Strike Source, and I installed it, and then it said I needed to update my drivers, So I did - and the pc rebooted and the screen was bigger than usual, for example the task bar was huge and so was the icons etc. So I went into control panel and tried to change the resolution and now it has improved and is not as large, but I now have a black gap down the right hand side and I don't know how to get rid of it. Also some how I have managed to un-install my drivers and I have no idea how to re install them or anything :(
Im totally confused - any help will be appreciated.

When you say you updated your drivers how did you try to actually do it?

Typically, you should go to the AMD/ATI website (link to AMD), download the appropriate graphics driver, uninstall the old graphics driver from Programs and Features (Vista, W7) or Add or Remove Programs (XP), restart and install the new driver.

You can try to start over by using System Restore and restore the system to a point before you tried to update the driver. Be aware that any updates or application installations you did since then will likely have to be done again.

Back