ATI v. nVidia

Which card manufacturer do you most frequently spend money on?

• ATI

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • nVidia

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is probably the most asked question in all of the world, nVidia is good because their Videocards are really good and arn't cheapy pieces of crap.

ATI is good too because their videocards are cheap in price and are decent enough to play simple games like CS and HL2, but they tend to over heat more then nVidia and sometimes malfunction.

nVidia - Good if you have the money
ATI - Good if you're on a smaller budget

-TPX :wave:

ATI is good too because their videocards are cheap in price and are decent enough to play simple games like CS and HL2, but they tend to over heat more then nVidia and sometimes malfunction.

yep, cause i have had my x1600xt for nearly a year running games like oblivion on full and it malfunctions allllll the time, i have never had a problem with it and it still runs games rather well for and old card. i was reading all this hype that lost planet was meant to be pretty much unplayable on an ati card, well i have an ati card and a not very good one at that and i play lost planet on medium settings fine. my card wasnt exactly cheap either. my friends nvidia card on the other hand failed him twice.

I melted mine ( True story ), I had a 9200 and I OCed it too almost boiling point and ran Oblivion at Max with 1680x1250 resolution, high res textures and HDR enabled ( also had AA / AF on max that I messed with in the .ini file for oblivion )

I was seeing how much it could go without screwing up, well after my computer crashed to BSOD and took about 6 minutes to boot my SpeedFan readings were about 120F

My purchases have favored ATI but I recently bought an Nvidia card.

Back