ATI x1600 512 mb Frame Rate Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppe94

Alright, heres the issue i bought an ATI 1600 about two years ago...when i went to go play COH or Sim city 4 im getting 20 - 10 fps ...yes yes i have read the other threads and nothing has helped if someone could pleaseeee help me i beg ive had this issue for a about a month or two i just want to play my video games again

i have an Nvidia3 2 g of ram amd anthlon 3000+

please any help will be accepted PLEASE! :(

if the card is 2 years old, it may be dieing a slow death

but from my experience, the cards that died on me were instant deaths (mostly due to the fan failing and the gpu overheating.)

as for helping you any further, i think you would need to provide more information on to what/why/when and stuff.

"Nvidia3" is that your mother board?
athlon 3000 (assuming its single core)
2gb memory (1x2 or 2x2, also what frequency)
ATI 1600

i honestly wouldnt expect much more than 20 fps with those games with that setup.
im not bashing your setup, but if you have extra cash, you could build a much better system for very little money. ($400 or so) just the basics.

good luck and hope to hear more of what could have caused this problem

thank you so much for replying ..... and before this happened i was able to play coh with a descent 50 or 40 fps never the lower... and reading other forums also said that i should be getting a descent 50 fps with FAR CRY.. and 2 gbs or ram yes i dont really know what your talkinga bout with 1x2 or 2x2 my brother build this computer he gave it to me because he bought a gaming laptop...and he also told me the video card was actually quite descent ... im really desperate i dont know whats going on with my computer maybe i have some options enabled that i shouldnt have on? ... thanks for your help.

ill have to let somebody more qualified help you out, just be patient.

btw, is it just your gaming that has slowed down, or do other programs / start-up seem to be slower also?

Have you checked driver updates?

Is this a small case and has it been cleaned out in 2 years( I imagine no dusting after two years can cause heat issues)?

Try installing gpu z, you can google the download, check your temperatures, see how hot it gets.

If all else fails, the card just might fall into that 10% hardware failure bracket.

Yeah i have updated the drivers even tryed the on in the cd i got it with..nothing and yes i have dusted and so on.. my fan speed goes by temperature if it passes 50 then it goes to 40% and it hasn't reached that temperature yet.. My Gpu temperature is roughly 47 Celsius and my PCB temperature is about 35 Celsius. My clock speed for memory is 418.5 MHz an d my GPU core is 500 MHz..

Thank for your help guys :)

To be honest with you when i turn the switch off the back of my computer and turn it back on it makes several weird popping noises with in the power supply and i cant turn on the computer in that time...its really wierd your starting to make me realized its probably the power supply but how do i check the watts or voltage on it? thanks alot guys :)

Uhmm is there an easier way, a program or something? or if there is none ill jus ask my brother since he bought it. but could it be the power supply cause i never heard those popping noises and if i recall it started happening after the popping noises...the frame rate drop.

I was actually thinking of buying a 700 Watts one just incase. :) thanks alot so the power supply is my problem?

I was actually thinking of buying a 700 Watts one just incase. :) thanks alot so the power supply is my problem?

i cant say for sure, but if it started acting up at or about the same time your problems started, its a good bet.

do you have any other psu's avalible to test with before making a new purchase?

that card of yours only requires 350w psu.

good luck.

uhm im not sure but i'll go check if i have one if i dont i'll jus buy a new 700 watts one. for like 89 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back