Ati X800xl card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I upgraded from a ATI 9800xt to a X800XL. As soon as I start my computer, I see graphical boxes on the windows startup screen. Once windows starts, the whole screen has graphical glitch vertical lines, its unviewable. Any idea why?

Thanks,
Steve

First off Stevilv welcome to techspot
I am not familar with an AGP version of the x800xl. But anyways if im wrong

Does the card have a extra power connector? If so...make sure that it is plugged in.

Also, even if the card is lacking and extra power connector, is your PSU strong enough to support the card? ( i dont think this is the case as 9800's were very power demanding themselves)

Also, do you get the problems while in bios? And what version of the cat drivers are you using?

Basically, we need more info
Sean

Ok,
I upgraded the Bios and the Cat drivers to 5.11(the latest). Still the same problem.

The card has a powerplug, which was connected, plus a seperate fan, which was connected.

Upon startup, the windows screen is set to 640x480, automatically from my 1280x1024 resolution, which is garbled by vertical lines that display various graphical glitches.

This is windows xp home. All drivers are up to par. My 9800xt works, I pull it out, replace with X800 and the problems happen. I switch back, everything a-ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back