ATI X850 XT or nVidia 7800GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello! I don't know which one is worth it, a lot of people prefer nvidia but I always used ATI and worked great, i want to give it a try to nvidia but I was confused with the brands, BGF, PNY, eVGA, XFX, MSI, wolfram recommended this last one but can't find where to buy, I was also reading about the next gen of DX10 video cards because I want to wait and buy one of these but I guess there's gonna take a while for this to become affordable and also compatible. My question is which one of this video cards are better? and which one will provide longer gaming support for actual and future games, I'm getting tired of the low perf of my 9600XT, thank you! BTW my specs:

MOBO ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe
P4 HT 3.4 Ghz 3GB PC3200-DDR RAM
2x250GB WD HDD SATA
AGP8x ATI 9600XT AIW

The best future-proof video card would be the 7800GS. The Nvidia Geforce 7 series are more updated than ATI's X800 series.
It should be a big boost from your 9600XT.

Without doubt the 7800GS. It's way faster and the fastest AGP card out there ATM. Supports SM3.0 too(the X850 doesn't) but performance is somewhat level with the X850XT. Get the Gainward 7800GS. It's a 512MB overclocked version which screws the X850XT. It would be the best one as far as AGP cards are concerned. I would suggest however to get a better PSU if ur buying either one of them(if u don't have one already. A 450-500W model of good quality like an Antec, Thermaltake or Fortron FSP. I personally prefer Antec coz it's cheap and reliable.)

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Get the Gainward 7800GS. It's a 512MB overclocked version which screws the X850XT.

But factory-overclocked cards, especially 7800 series, have some glitches. And they offer little, or no boost over factory cards. Unless you install a big cooper cooler on it. :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back