Status
Not open for further replies.
System spec
opteron185
2gb ram
HIS x1950pro 512mb AGP
asus a8v deluxe
All drivers updated on a fresh format.

I have this problem. i read the fix to change it to pci-pci and it works.
However i have reduced performance in FPS, infact it performs worse then my original x800pro. and it worked so well (before my pc stops working) when i had it cpu-agp.
I think i read the original fix on this forum, but im not sure, so if it is im hoping for some more advice.
I have vista Ultimate ready to go. but i dont want this problem to be on vista. has anyone ever experienced this problem on vista?
anyone who has truely experienced this problem knows that the pci-pci is the only fix and has nothing to do with latest drivers or anything else (even tho my pc is bang uptodate).
I was hoping people would say "hey i dont get this problem after i installed on vista". but havnt found any, or people saying "i have the same problem on both xp and vista, life sucks".
If anyone knows of a better fix or if vista could be my ticket out of this £150 mess i got my self into. let me know!

I have read and reread your question. Honestly I don't understand what your situation is. I could guess bit I don't wanna guess. Since your graphics processor is AGP supported, I'm not sure why you would be going into 'setup' and making 'pci' adjustments. Some setup (bios) pages ask you what type of slot supports your installed graphics card. In your case, 'AGP' would be the selection. Please restate your problems (if it's important enough to you). Good Luck.

the ati2dvag infinate loop problem.
http://www.sightsea.com/pghpchd/pages/infinite_loop.html that is the fix for it.
im refering to that problem and that fix.
the fix is to change cpu-agp to pci-pci. this causes a huge performance loss. but it fixes the crashing problem for me.

The question
Has anyone found another solution to this problem?
Could Vista be a solution to this problem?

thnx for your patience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back