Ati2mtag error recurring in new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
This is my first post so please bear with me. I have a new windows XP (dell laptop) which has been used minimally. It has been running very slowly and this error keeps occurring in the event viewer:

ati2mtag Event ID 43015
The only description is: 12c return failed.

This occurs everytime I boot up the computer. Here is my system information:
Installed Drivers ati2dvag.dll
Driver version 6.14
Total Physical Memory 1024 MB
Adapter Description ATI Radeon Express 1150

I tried to research this error but read too many conflicting reasons for its repeated occurence. I am wondering if I should contact Dell?

Thanks a lot,
Julie

hi, i went to that site, but i am not sure what exactly i am suppose to update. there is a lot of stuff under windows xp and then there is a message that says if you have an amd processor then click here and there is more stuff there. i am sorry but i need a little more detailed instruction on this. thanks.

ok, i went to the direct link and this is what i got on the page:

Sorry, you have insufficient access.

403 Access Denied.

If you typed the URL yourself, please make sure that the spelling is correct.
If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link or the page may no longer exist.
As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about our services and products:

1. ati.amd.com home
Connect to ATI's latest information.

2. Customer Service
Access technical support, drivers, and frequently asked questions.

3. Search

sorry this is so troublesome,
thanks, julie.

OK the "direct link" has expired
I must refer you back to the previous link

1. Go to the link
2. Select your Operating system (Xp Pro ?)
3. Select "Integrated Motherboard"
4. Select Select 1150
5. Select the green GO (underneath)
6. Click on the Red "Catalyst Software Suite"
7. Start the download (I always download to Desktop, so to see it easily)
8. Install

I hope this is replying to my same thread. the reply came up with a new title box. Anyway, I downloaded the new driver, and it was kind of a different process. Towards the end,when i thought i was finished installing, "steam" was indicated to continue installing, which i think is related to gaming.
when i rebooted the computer, a box came up that said I would need .NET to continue with the installation, But at the same time, another box popped up that asked me to register ATI (and something related to AMD)...so I am not completely clear if i have what i need at this point, but i will check to see how the computer is running..
Sorry about my confusion over this. Usually I just download something to my desktop and it is simple after that. This was more of a lengthy process, and i didn't use the "steam" so im not sure if all is well.
thanks for all your help on this.
Julie

Just an edit to my last reply.
When I restarted the computer again after downloading the new driver, this message popped up again, " To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET framework: v2.050727. Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET framework.
Does this make any sense?
It doesn't seem like the computer is running any better in terms of speed or opening websites in general.
Hope I didn't confuse you with my other post.
Thanks,
JULIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back