1. Microsoft Windows XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

AMD Anthlon Processor
    807 MHz
    128 MB of RAM

Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro

Hey, I've been reading a lot of posts written by people having problems very similar to mine, so I'm hoping someone will read this and know how to fix it lol.
    Every time I play a game that requires any kind of good graphics, the screen goes black and a error message comes up saying that the ati2dvaa has stopped working properly.
    I bought my graphics card or whatever its called about 4 years ago, so it may just be that its out of date. I've run the update for my ATI driver and it still doesn't work.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, then updating it again after it screws up during gameplay, and it still doesn't work.
    I can't roll it back to a different version, because our original was the one we had been using for years and its when we installed windows xp that it stopped working...
    I even changed the game compatability for windows 98 settings.
    Every time I think I have it fixed it will work for 10 minutes then screw up.
    If you have any idea what I should do, please help me lol
  2. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

Other than using this as an excuse to upgrade your machine, make sure you've got the latest version of DirectX and check that you've got the latest version of chipset drivers and ATI video drivers.
  3. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 510

That system is best suited for pre-2000 games, and anything newer will bring it to its knees. Too, xp runs very poorly with 128megs ram, 256 or more is far better. For the newer games, your system is beneath most all of their lowest reqs. You could add another 128meg stick of ram, and a better grafix card, like a gf4ti, and play stuff from 2002 or so, but a new system would take care of everything.
  4. Zodian

Zodian TS Rookie Topic Starter

damn ati2dvaa

Ya, thanks, hopefully my parents will buy a new computer soon >_<. At this rate my toaster could probably beat my computer...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.