TechSpot

ATL.DLL missing

By TechClint
Jul 12, 2010
  1. [SOLVED] ATL.DLL missing

I have a problem with the atl.dll file keeps disappearing. I restore the file, register it, then the computer runs great. After I reboot the machine the file is missing again. I have already scanned with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware multiple times, I have even ran ComboFix. I just cannot figure this out. Someone help please.

2. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

Strange that it keeps disappearing. Read this and try a few of the steps that you didn't already do...

3. TechClint

TechClint TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok, so I have ran all the updates except for a couple that keep installing.....and the atl.dll file is still disappearing on reboot

4. TechClint

Anyone have any other suggestions?

5. superty12

superty12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 413

Antivirus

Run a full scan (of everything) with your antivirus program.
    MalwareBytes isn't an antivirus, nor is SuperAntiSpyware. If you don't have one, please download Avast! Antivirus (the Home version costs nothing) and run with that.
    Edit: Just checked... Avast! Free antivirus (meant for home use) is free.

6. TechClint

Yeah sorry I didn't mention I do have Avast installed. I will try a scan and see if it finds anything. Thanks

7. TechClint

Well I scanned Avast and it didn't find anything......

8. TechClint

For All who were or are trying to help me with my problem...... I have found the SOLUTION!!! I manually combed through the registry and found an entry that SuperAntiSpyware had made. with in the SuperAntiSpyware.com key there was a list of values that were file names, one of which was atl.dll. I deleted the whole key, Uninstalled SuperAntiSpyware and the ATL.DLL file is here to stay!!!

Thanks again

9. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

Nice work, good to know for the future, thanks for telling us the outcome!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.