Audigy 2 and DTT2500 problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new Audigy 2 card that I want to use with my old DTT2500 (Cambridge Soundworks)..

I can't seem to get the speakers to output the right stuff though.. They seem only to operate in stereo, while my games obviously output all channels..

How do I connect the units?

The speakers have the same I/Os as this one:
http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/htmlhelp/speakers/images/d-tree_digital1.gif
-Except the optical input

And the Audigy has these:
http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/htmlhelp/speakers/images/d-tree_audigy.gif

What would you recommend I connected?
Obviously I'd like 5.1 channel digital, but as far as I've understood that is not possible?

Also.. anything in particular I should take note of when setting up the software?

Thanks.. I *think* that helped.. I'll try to connect both DIN and coaxial to the digital out of my card... hope that help on the channel problem..

Sounds like its connected fine, the Audigy 2 only outputs stereo unless it's a multichannel source, which 3D audio supporting games are.

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
Sounds like its connected fine, the Audigy 2 only outputs stereo unless it's a multichannel source, which 3D audio supporting games are.

It isn't.. The card outputs multichannel, but the speakers only play sterero.. That is.. what should've played on the center, subwoofer, and rear channels doesn't play at all.. i.e. in Max Payne 2, I don't hear gunshot sounds as they are played by the center speaker..

Are you using the digital output only?? You should be using just the analog outputs instead for best sound.

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
Are you using the digital output only?? You should be using just the analog outputs instead for best sound.

/me scratches head..

Ok.. one would have thought that digital output would produce better sound that analog?

What about DVDs and ac3 movies? Surely I shouldn't use analog then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back