Audigy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizy

Ok I bought Audigy 2 soundcard I set it up with the Digital CD audio cable. I put It In the 4th Pci slot I have 5 or 4 I boot up computer i put In the CD with the drivers on It and I go to install It and It says Cannot Detect a Audigy Sound Card. OS Win XP Pro. Any Help would be greatly liked :).

Try switching to a different PCI slot, and/or make sure if you had on board sound you disabled it and uninstalled its drivers, or if you had another sound card make sure its drivers were uninstalled.

P.S. Welcome to the boards! New members are always welcomed!

Tryed It In two other slots so Im guessing Its got something to do with the onboard sounds i unstalled the drivers but can you give a guide how to disable all on board sounds please. Thanks :)

Well restart your computer and go into the BIOS(Hold Delete key) Go into Intergrated Periphials or something like that, it will say something about sound, set it to disabled(It may say Ac 97 or something similar)

Sometimes, you've got to install software and drivers first, then it tells you to shut down and put it in. Make sure you've read the installation manual.

XtR-X If you read what I said In the frist part about not being able to install drivers. makes It hard to install drivers and reboot computer when I can't.

Vassil. I have disabled onboard sound and drivers now. It still doesent seem to find the audio card. Im guessing It Is broken. If you can think of anything else I will give It a shot Thanks.

Good, that onboard sound has to be disabled for this to work. So when you start Windows it doesnt even have the "Found New Hardware" thing pop up? I'm sure you have already done this, but make sure the card is tightly pushed down in the PCI slot.
If you go into Device Manager, Is the Audigy in there? Under unknown devices with a exclamation point?

No windows pop comes up saying you have one new hardware I have checked looking for new hardware can't find It In the listings. I have put the card In as far as I think It can go without breaking It.

Have you switched to a different PCI slot since you disabled onboard sound?

Also do you know what motherboard you have?

*step 1 is very important*

Step 1. Remove all Sound Drivers. (also go in System under Control Panel and click on Sound. Right click everything under that and if you get an option to uninstall then do it).

Also check under Add/Remove prorams and make sure nothing is there that has anything to do with audio drivers.

Step 2. Remove the Audigy 2 from the PCI slot and set it to the side.

Step 3. Turn on the PC and make sure On-board Sound is off.

Step 4. Restart into Windows and make sure no onboard sound or anything is detected. If so go to step 5.

Step 5. Put the Audigy 2 back in a PCI slot, and when you start back up Windows should detect new hardware.

I suggest you remove all your other PCI cards except the Audigy (and VGA, if that is PCI), then see if windows will detect it. If it does, then install the drivers and finally put all your other PCI cards back. Hopefully things will be fine now, if not, then chances are that you have a defective card.

Have you tried installing the soundcard in another pc to check if its functioning correctly? Worst comes to worst, you might need to take it to the shop and have a check if its faulty.

Windows is very very picky sometimes and can obviously be a pain in the butt. When that happens you have to do things in a certain order to get a device to be detected. I have had nothing but problems installing my DSL modem on two different computers every single time I have to do it. Sometimes that won't even work and I will have to do something like I described above and try to start completely fresh. Even at times that hasn't worked but eventually after an hour or so I would get around it. If I use the installation software it wont work at all so I have to install it manually. Again, like I said Windows is very picky at times.

my freind had a problem a little bi like this and he ended up having to pull the hoppers for him onboard soundcard.

What version of windows are you using?

Young&Wild said,
Worst comes to worst, you might need to take it to the shop and have a check if its faulty.
I bought an Audigy to install in my last computer and had the same problem you are having. After pulling what little hair I have left out, I took it back to Best Buy, and they said it was faulty, (inferring that it was my fault because of static electicity, but not so). Anyway, they gave me a new one and I had no more problems installing it.

I have that same problem and have tried all that but finally gave up and loaded drivers for audigy1 and it works fine(its just my back up puter with crummy speakers)

if he's in the forth slot

it may not detect it due to the pci bridge.............slots 1 thru 3 should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back