Audigy2 & Inspire 6700 Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
i bought an Audigy2 and the Inspire 6700 (6.1) speakers. I'm happy with the quality. But i have some problems (well, i don't know if they are really problems). So here's the point: in "EAX Advanced Console HD", in CMSS 3D separator i have 2 options: CMSS and CMSS2. CMSS is for multi-channel music and CMSS2 is more oriented to DVD/Dolby Digital. So when i play a MP3 i observe this:

- with CMSS activated i ear music from all speakers but the sound from rear speakers are lower than front speakers;
- with CMSS2 activated i only ear music from lateral speakers (front right & left and rear right & left), but in this case, the sound from rear speakers is equal to front speakers. So there is no sound from front centre and rear centre speakers.

So where's the problem?

Btw, in Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices i have choosen 7.1 speakers just because it doesn´t show a 6.1 option.

Thanks a lot,
skywalker :)

Don't bother with the Windows Control Panel. Just set Surround Mixer to 6.1 speakers & Untick the "synchronize with control panel" option.

It remains the same. Then i found that in "EAX Advanced Console" when i select any effects in Advanced EQ (POP; ROCK; LATIN; etc) i only have sound in the lateral speakers, not in Front Central neither Rear Central. In other "presets" i have sound in all but i guess that Rear Central is in Mono Mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back