Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Soundstorm

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audigy2 or Soundtorm??

Hi all,
i've got a set of Inspire 6700 (6.1) and i want to know which one is better with this speakers??

- Audigy2
- Soundstorm

Thanks,
skywalker :)

Hmm...i reckon audigy 2 is much more optimised for creative speakers make full use of all the available features in the speakers. I know JSR might flame me by saying that sandstorm is the better choice due to the fact that it does not hogg the cpu much but on a larger prespective, audigy 2 is a sligthly better choice.

P/S sorry about the typo which was a pretty misleading one!

Originally posted by young&wild
it does hogg the cpu much
You mean it does not?

I've read about many problems with Creative cards here and none about Soundstorm, but that may be because the first one is popular and the second is not.

I like the Soundstorm with my DTT3500s. The DD encoding on the fly is really nice for MP3s. The only thing I don't like is I have no analog connections on the amp for the center and sub from the PC. If you don't already have the Audigy then don't spend the money on it. Many people have problems with the Audigy...especially in nForce2 motherboards.

I would just use SoundStorm and return the Audigy 2. The Audigy 2 doesn't hold many advantages over the integrated sound and is certainly not worth the $150.

I have an Audigy 2 Platinum and my new mobo is a A7N8X Deluxe with SoundStorm and I don't know if I should give my uncle the Audigy 2 Plat with the computer I'm letting him have.

Originally posted by XtR-X
I have an Audigy 2 Platinum and my new mobo is a A7N8X Deluxe with SoundStorm and I don't know if I should give my uncle the Audigy 2 Plat with the computer I'm letting him have.

Maybe... what's your speakers?
In my opinion you should test them with Soundstorm and Audigy2 and choose what you like more. :)

skywalker

Ok good idea, skywalker. Actually, it has nothing to do with my speakers. I'm going to have 2 6CH surround sound audio chips and I'm only going to need one. My new mobo has SoundStorm. I haven't been able to test SoundStorm yet because my processor arrives monday.

And yes, alot of people have problems with the Audigy, actually, all of Creative products. Creative has a reputation for high quality sound at the cost of software malfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back