Audilogy 2 ZS problem, lost Installation CD, need drivers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I had brought my speaker system and Soundblaster Audilogy 2 ZS soundcard w/Installation CD to my computer place to test because I was having speaker problems and it was under warranty. They kept it a few days and I went and picked it up, I noticed they didn't include my Installation CD, when I asked, they claimed I never brought it in, but I did because I watched him load the drivers 2 days before, but alas there motto must be no evidence, we can get away with it.

so of course because the law is if it can go wrong it will.
my Windows corrupted some days ago, and I don't have the Audilogy 2 ZS Installation and Applications CD to install my Soundcard with AND Creative Labs apparently lives in a world where everyone is perfect and no CD's ever get lost or scratched, because they don't have the drivers on their frickin web-site!!!

::SCREAMS::

ATI and Creative Labs should join forces and get the Top Worst Support ever for their product award

How can I go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance

Is this a retail card or OEM? Whats the model number? Its on the top right corner of the card. I just went through something similar with an OEM SB Live 5.1. Creatives OEM cards lack some hardware identifiers so that their standard drivers wont work with these cards- driver doesnt detect the cards. That way Creative wont have to spend money supporting them. This is from a support tech at Creative. They wouldnt even tell me who the card was made for. I had to search for a few months and find a place that sells this exact model and then buy one just to get the driver disk.

You might try here, the cd drivers are near the top of the page. I think this might be what you are looking for.

I have an OEM Audigy 2 and I can just download the drivers right off the web site and install them.

Well the thing is is while I didn't have the installation CD, my Windows got corrupted and I had to do a complete reinstall of Win 2k, I tried to download the drivers from the site but when I try to run them it says no previous versions of the driver is installed (the one on the CD), now exiting.

and of course Creative's staff is about as helpful as a tech talking a different language, they're support sucks

if any one has or could send me an iso copy of the install cd for the audigy 2 zs, could they plz pm me.

Thanks in advance :D

Audigy 2 ZS drivers

Creative's website has an automatic download option, where you can receive the latest drivers for any Creative hardware on your system. Hope this helps!!

I have a problem with an Audigy 2ZS which a friend has handed to me to fix. The system reportts that the multi-media controller has a problem. All the latest drivers have been installed. I suspect that this PC has had an IDE hard-drive cable substituted due to length problems in place of the special Creative data cable supplied in the kit. The instruction manual states to not substitite the cable as the card will be damaged. Can anyone advise if the Creative cable is any particular colour and does it have any distinctive markings, as the cable in question in this particular system is the standard light grey such as used for hard & optical drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back